[Aqualist] Academic position at Tufts University

John Cann John.Cann at unisa.edu.au
Tue May 29 14:23:42 EST 2012

Hello again colleagues
The position statement for the teaching/research position at Tufts University, USA, did not forward as an attachment to my message yesterday as intended. I have now copied that file and pasted it below. I hope this now makes a little more sense. Best wishes.
JC
CLIMATE CHANGE
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Tufts University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position as an Assistant
Professor of Earth and Ocean Sciences in the area of Climate Change, beginning September
1, 2013. This position resides in the Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences but is part of
a multidisciplinary cluster-hiring initiative designed to deepen and broaden the
Environmental Studies program as well as to enhance traditional academic departments.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach an undergraduate introductory course in
climate science, and one or more upper level courses in a field related to the person's
expertise. At least 2 courses will count toward both the EOS and the Environmental Studies
majors, and the successful candidate will work with others in the cluster hire to create a
capstone experience for students in the program. We are particularly interested in those with
research interests in the geological record of climate change, methods for interpreting
climate change, or implications of climate change that may span a range of temporal scales.
Qualifications include: a Ph.D. by time of appointment in an Earth and Ocean Science
discipline; demonstrated potential for research supported by external funding; and
preferably teaching experience at the college level. The applicant should be able to fit into a
small, well-equipped department where teaching diverse student populations is highly
valued, and will be able to work with the Environmental Studies faculty to offer courses that
also complement that interdisciplinary program.
A letter of application, statement of teaching and research interests, transcripts, CV, and the
names and addresses of three referees should be sent to Professor Jack Ridge, Chair,
Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155
(jack.ridge at tufts.edu). Review of applications will begin September 15, 2012 and will
continue until the position is filled. Tufts University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty.
Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

Adjunct Professor John Cann, Geology
School of Natural and Built Environments
University of South Australia
Mawson Lakes  SA  5095
Telephone +61 8 8302 3070
Facsimile +61 8 8302 5082