[Aqualist] AAA/ASHA 2014 Joint Conference: Call for Sessions

Ulm, Sean sean.ulm at jcu.edu.au
Mon Mar 24 16:03:53 EST 2014

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: CALL FOR SESSIONS

AAA/ASHA 2014 Joint Conference

Culture, Climate, Change: Archaeology in the Tropics

1-3 December 2014

Cairns, Queensland

The joint AAA/ASHA2014 conference will be hosted by James Cook University<http://www.jcu.edu.au/>. The conference theme is Culture, Climate, Change: Archaeology in the Tropics.

Call for Sessions
Submissions are now invited for proposed sessions. We particularly welcome session proposals linked with the conference theme, Culture, Climate, Change: Archaeology in the Tropics, but also welcome general conference sessions including historical, Indigenous, cultural heritage, native title, rock art, maritime, museums, archaeological science and public archaeology issues. Sessions convened jointly by both AAA and ASHA members will be regarded favourably.

Submit abstract now:
http://goo.gl/jSdRVL

Session organisers should provide a title and brief abstract (up to 200 words) of the proposed session(s), with an estimate of the number of individual sessions requested. All individual sessions will run for 2 hours and include 6 presentations. All papers will strictly be 20 minutes in duration (15 mins speaking + 5 mins question time). Speakers may only present one paper during the conference, although they may be co-authors on other papers.

The Call for Sessions is now open and will close at COB Friday 2 May 2014.

In late May, we will announce the conference sessions that have been accepted and place a Call for Papers to be submitted. Conference registrations will open in April.

Further Information

Further details will be available at:

http://www.australianarchaeology.com/conferences/aaa2014-conference/

or

http://www.asha.org.au/conference/

or

Email Julie Jerbic at aaa at conferenceonline.com.au<mailto:aaa at conferenceonline.com.au>

We look forward to seeing you in December.

P.S. To celebrate the 37th annual conference of the Association the official hashtag for the conference will be #AAA37.

A/Prof. Sean Ulm PhD FSA MAACAI
ARC Future Fellow
Deputy Director, Centre for Tropical Environmental and Sustainability Science
School of Arts and Social Sciences
James Cook University
PO Box 6811, Cairns QLD 4870, AUSTRALIA
t +61 7 4042 1194 |www.jcu.edu.au/sass/aas/<http://www.jcu.edu.au/sass/aas/>