[TimorLesteStudies] Reminder of the Guidelines for posting
jennifer.drysdale at anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 13:06:51 EST 2010
This is a reminder that the TL studies list is for study and research-related postings only. The list is not for extensive discussion, nor fundraising events (particularly because the list has members from all over the world). If you wish to discuss a post, it is probably best to contact the poster directly (not the list).
The Guidelines are available on the website and are copied here for your information:
Guidelines for Posting to the Timor-Leste Studies Association's List
* Information posted is relevant to academic and other researchers conducting research in Timor-Leste.
* Research information circulated follows the usual academic conventions (such as acknowledging sources, presenting reasoned argument and adhering to research ethics). Information that has been published (and can therefore be cited) is preferable.
* Responses to postings must include additional relevant information or new data. Personal opinion, comments and discussion should be limited.
* Attachments should not be sent to the List (links to documents posted on the web can be posted).
* The language of the list is English. However posts that are simultaneously translated into a language common to East Timorese are encouraged.
* Only members may post to the Timor-Leste Studies Association List.
Members should note the Timor-Leste Studies Association's List is not a discussion list. The East Timor Action Network provides a forum for discussion.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Easttimorstudies