[LINK] US going digital TV in 2009

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Sun Mar 4 18:47:20 AEDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 05:41:16PM +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> Talk about bewildering...  I went to their site and under PVR there are
> no less than 28 products, all with "MORE" links, so you're back and
> forth like a fiddler's elbow.  It would help if they put a comparison
> matrix together for dumbcluts like myself who know nothing about digital
> TV...

manufacturers often dont like to make it easy for potential customers to
directly compare their various models. fortunately, someone else has
done so:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~toppytools/compare.html

see also the FAQ:

http://www.topfield.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6107

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

"It has often been repeated that the abolition of slavery among modern people
 is entirely due to Christians.  That, I think, is saying too much.  Slavery
 existed for a long period in the heart of Christian society, without its
 being particularly astonished or irritated.  A multitude of causes, and a
 great development in other ideas and principles of civilization, were
 necessary for the abolition of this iniquity of all iniquities."
      [Francois-Pierre-Guillaume Guizot (1787-1874), French historian
       and statesman, in "European Civilization," vol. I., p.110]