[LINK] Sorry, but a Duh! question on Winders

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Thu Mar 8 08:15:50 AEDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 10:52:31PM +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:

> When you plug in a USB stick into WXP it normally presents a window
> soliciting what you want to do with the contents.  There is also a
> checkbox to always perform the same association on future plug ins.
>
> HTF, and where TF do you disassociate a program that has gotten
> permanently associated from a USB stick?

After inserting the USB stick, open Explorer and right-click on its
drive letter and select Properties.  Select the AutoPlay tab, and all
should become fairly obvious.  You probably want to set it to "Prompt me
each time to choose an action" for each content type.

I don't think you can do this without the USB stick inserted, because
the drive letter will be missing.  Perhaps some registry hacking would
be required in that situation.

I wonder if the procedure is the same in Vista.

Regards
Andrew