[LINK] A toxic tinge to green light bulbs?

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sun Mar 11 16:20:46 AEDT 2007

Partial answer to a question asked some time ago on Link.  Perhaps, if
government is going to mandate anything like this, they should start at
the end (disposal & recycling).

<http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2007/1853382.htm>

"Compact fluorescent light bulbs might help in the fight against climate
change but could they cause problems with toxic waste down the track?"
"It's certainly a way forward and it's certainly better than burning
wasteful incandescent lights. But we need to be aware that it is going
to create a huge stockpile of toxic waste that needs to be dealt with,"
Apologies if this has already appeared on Link.  My phone line was down
for over a week and I haven't read the backlog of messages.

--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.