[LINK] Dell and Linux

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Thu Mar 15 09:37:43 AEDT 2007

$quoted_author = "sylvano" ;

> Or flip it around, perhaps, and view it as Dell specifying the range of
> hardare spec's for the linux bundling they will supply and letting the
> different distro communities and organisations choosing to support the
> hardware configs.  "I'll have the Dell number 4, with the Red Hat sauce
> please..."

you've hit the nail on the head. the aims should be:

a) work with component suppliers on Linux driver availability
b) build systems with only components with Linux drivers available
c) let the customer add the OS

cheers
marty

--
with usenet gone, we just don't teach our kids entertainment-level hyperbole
any more. --Paul Vixie

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/2006-01/msg00593.html