[LINK] Labor commits to $4.5b high-speed Internet network

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sat Mar 24 23:37:56 AEDT 2007

I've have thought for a while that local ownership is the best way to
go on phone/data connections.

I have been wondering what the best solution for the problem of
constantly digging up the streets is.  I wonder why the councils
don't put in ducts, big enough say for people to get in and to hold
all the council services.  Some of the problems that I see are that
having water and sewerage in the same duct may not be acceptable!
Having water and electricity in the same duct may possibly present
problems too!

The council could own the ducts and control in that way what went in.

Would this work do you think?

Kim