[LINK] Fwd: MR29-07: ACMA publishes Register of Controlled Media Groups

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 28 00:42:55 AEST 2007

At 04:22 PM 27/03/2007, Tony forwards:

> From: "Australian Communications & Media Authority"
>
> A major stage in the implementation of new media ownership
> regulatory arrangements will be reached today with the publication
> at 1500 Australian Eastern Standard Time of the Australian
> Communications and Media Authority’s new Register of Controlled
> Media Groups (the register). The full  media release can be found
> at: http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD//pc=PC_310103

The Register, available today, makes for quite interesting reading.

For example, it's amazing the extent to which the Macquarie Bank
is into its radio ownership of Australia. Virtually 'every' station
appears to be controlled at least in part by Macquarie Bank, and yet
it appears to be the 'only' bank with any financial interest in the radio
medium in Australia. Guess we won't hear many anti-Macquarie Bank
news reports from local commercial radio broadcasting in Australia.

For example, here's the ownership of 2LF (the final Registry entry):

Register of Controlled Media Groups
Last Updated : 27 March 2007 at 12:13 PM

<http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/lib100450/2007_03_27_rcmg.pdf>

Licensee : Radio 2LF Pty Ltd
On-air ID : 2LF
Media Operation Type : Commercial Radio
Licence Area : YOUNG (NSW)

Macquarie Bank Limited
Macquarie Diversified Asset Advisory Pty Limited
Macquarie Funds Management Holdings Pty Limited
Macquarie Group Holdings No. 2 Ltd
Macquarie Group Holdings No. 3 Pty Ltd
Macquarie Group Limited
Macquarie Media Group Pty Limited
Macquarie Media Holdings Limited
Macquarie Media International Limited
Macquarie Media Management Limited
Macquarie Regional Radioworks Pty Ltd
Radio 2LF Pty Ltd
Regional Radio No. 2 Pty Limited

End of Register of Controlled Media Groups
--

Cheers, Tony
Stephen Loosley