[LINK] Streaming TV Tests

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:18:23 AEST 2007

Hello Linkers,

I've got another set of test streams available, and if you've got a
few minutes I'd appreciate some feedback on their quality and their
ability to maintain smooth playing.

       http://uctv.canberra.edu.au/tv-tests

>From reports today, even from Europe, it looks like we're getting
close to an optimal size, quality and bitrate tradeoff. If you've got
a reasonably unhindered broadband connection capable of 600Kbps these
streams should play fine.  I'm very interested to hear results from
512Kbps connections, and those whose last mile is through the air by
satellite or WLAN.

Please post results here on link.

(The link collective brains trust is a valuable forum for getting data
like this. I can't think of a better bunch of people who have a widely
varying range of endpoint technologies in use and an appreciation of
where problems might be occurring. Feel free to pass this message to
others who might be able to provide results from more remote
connections in Australia.)

    thanks!  George

George Bray
Service Delivery Manger
Division of Communication and Education
University of Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia
http://uctv.canberra.edu.au/
mailto:georgebray at gmail.com

--
George Bray - University of Canberra, Australia