[LINK] Aussie 'Video Lifelines'

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Wed Mar 28 14:46:14 AEST 2007

On 27/03/2007, at 10:48 AM, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Click on "Apple" menu > Location > configname. Very handy on Mac
> lappies.

My laptop has a series of "locations". I can switch from one to
another just by selecting it's name and the Mac just changes it's
connection dynamically. They are -

* At home via wifi with fixed local subnet IP address

* Via direct ethernet connection to ADSL modem and PPP

* Via serial dialup via the internal modem with PPP

* At my partner's place via wifi to her computer sharing her
connection via NAT/DHCP

Sometimes it's too damn clever. When I have it set to be at home via
wifi and start it up at my partner's place it somehow manages to
latch onto her wifi signal and get a connection even though the ip
address was supposed to be static. This is before I have told it too.
Odd.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au