[LINK] Labor commits to $4.5b high-speed Internet network

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Mar 28 13:07:04 AEST 2007

At 07:06 PM 27/03/2007, Antony Barry wrote:
>... I was a bit  depressed to see two mobile phone towers on
>opposite sides of the nearby Nicholls Oval. One would hope that
>vendors could put their gear on the same pole instead of having such
>ubiquity. ...

Telcos will be reluctant to share sites for mobile phone base
stations. I proposed this be regulated in a submission from the ACS
to the National Capital Planning Authority in 1992
<http://www.tomw.net.au/twnpln2.html>. But the federal
Telecommunications laws override the state and local planning rules,
making it hard to force coordination.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml