[LINK] Foxit PDF Reader

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Fri Mar 30 10:29:46 AEST 2007

> if you're running Windows, you can try the Foxit PDF Reader, which is
> what the Acrobat reader would be if it lost about 15MB of bloat and
> ran about 50 times faster than it does."
>
> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

You can use it if you are running Linux, as well. The website says "free
for non-commercial use", but does not offer a fully functional version.
Every document displayed using the free download has an ugly, large red
"evaluation copy" message superimposed over the displayed document.

What that means is that 99% of Linux people who try it will do as I did
- discard it immediately. There are free (for commercial use, moreover)
PDF readers for Linux that do a perfectly acceptable job and are fully
functional. If FoxIt was serious about competing with those, it wouldn't
offer a crippled version.

It does load fast, but that doesn't make up for it being deliberately
broken. Life's too short to be pissing about with time-wasters like
this.

Pah.

Regards, K.