[LINK] The farce that is Telstra

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sun Jun 29 18:01:14 AEST 2008

I'm presuming you've on the Belconnen exchange?

Belconnen exchange currently has a total of around 2,300 free Telstra ADSL
ports.  Most likely you are actually connected to a RIM, and that RIM has no
free ports (there are a number in Belconnen like that).

A number of other providers also have DSLAMS in Belconnen, but being on a
RIM you're probably out of lucky there too.

Depending on the setup in your local area it may be possible to get off the
RIM - Google will give you no end of ideas on how to go about doing that.

  Scott.