[LINK] NBN article from the IPA

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Apr 5 09:35:50 AEST 2012

The IPA is the Liberal Party think tank, so Percy would say that, wouldn't he?
The headline appears to support the position.

NBN labelled a waste to set Labor back years

http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/government-it/nbn-labelled-a-waste-to-set-labor-back-years-20120404-1wd9l.html

The comments at the end (181 of them by 9.30am) are better informed
than the guy who the article is representing (not the actual writer,
who is just giving Percy 'air').
The end should have the Libs/Nats choking on their cornflakes:

"
The institute asked the management consultants Howard Partners to
examine 18 high-profile federal projects for the quality of
decision-making that brought them about. It found 10 deficient - the
alcopops tax, Building the Education Revolution, the broadband
network, the Darwin to Alice Springs railway, FuelWatch, the green
car innovation fund, the green loans program, the home insulation
scheme, Grocery Watch and the set-top boxes for pensioners program.

Passing the test were the national disability insurance scheme, the
minerals resource rent tax and the emissions trading scheme.
"
Gee, I guess that mining tax and carbon "tax" weren't so bad after
all, even to the IPA!

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com