[LINK] Flying through clouds

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Apr 5 18:18:57 AEST 2012

Craig writes,

> Whoever told you this is either having you on, or is clueless. Any pilot
> that did this more than once would be very quickly looking for new job.

Haha. You wish.

> The one primary thing that keeps our skies (including airports) as safe
> as they are is that pilots must follow the instructions they are given..
> Ignoring company, airport and/or ATC instructions, even for something
> as simple as which gate to use, would be a major issue that the crew
> would need to answer to ..

All we had was a light-hearted apology from one of the hostesses.

All carriers are NOT the same ..

 http://www.flightsafety.com.au/newsletter_jul10.html

Nearly 300 Airlines Banned From European Airspace

"A total of 278 air carriers are banned from using European airspace
under strict European air safety regulations. On Tuesday one additional
air carrier was added to the list alongside greater restrictions on Iran
Air. Airlines such as Ariana Afghan Airlines, Siem Reap Airways
International from Cambodia, and all Philippine air carriers are excluded
from using European airspace .."

Also, if I recall correctly(?), last year an international flight pilot
from this same carrier landed at the wrong Australian airport, not just
the wrong gate. Yes the right city, just the wrong airport. Not all air
carriers have similar standards Craig. Hence, I wish Ivan, and us, luck.

Cheers,
Stephen