[LINK] NBN ads

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Sun Jan 29 13:40:04 AEDT 2017

On 29/01/2017 11:39 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> Question: why does a monopoly essentially public utility need to advertise at all?
The utility doesn't need to advertise. Our government needs them to
advertise. It's called propaganda.

<RANT>
The sad fact is it's an almighty cock-up. Even if they manage to
"finish" what they've planned, it's unlikely to meet current needs, let
alone the exponentially-increasing demand. Then they'll try to find a
buyer and discover that the market value of what they've built is about
a quarter of what it cost to build.

Changes that they made to the network architecture will make the
infrastructure so unstable and unreliable that a future government will
have to spend more fixing it than it would have cost to do it right in
the first place.
<http://david.boxall.id.au/201604/#Wreckingthefoundations>
</RANT>

--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.
http://david.boxall.id.au            | So I cheered up and,