[LINK] PC report on the USO Inquiry is out

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Fri Jun 23 09:22:23 AEST 2017

On 22/06/2017 1:02 PM, Narelle wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:33 AM, David Boxall <linkdb at boxall.name>
> wrote:
>> Why is our government trying to kill us? :/ They should be replacing
>> existing copper with fibre, then extending the network. Instead,
>> they've allowed existing land lines to be neglected and now they want
>> to take them out entirely.
> It's important to note that the Productivity Commission is not "our
> government". ...
The report substantially reflects implications in the original call for
submissions. It ignores far too many of the points made against
abolishing the USO for fixed lines. IMHO, suspicions that the decision
was made - and the report largely written - before the inquiry are well
founded; the Productivity Commission came up with the desired conclusions.

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                 |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill