[LINK] Uncrewed submarines as ocean becomes ‘transparent’

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Sat Apr 8 00:27:38 AEST 2023

From: Karl Auer<mailto:kauer at biplane.com.au>
Sent: Friday, 7 April 2023 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: [LINK] Uncrewed submarines as ocean becomes ‘transparent’

On Fri, 2023-04-07 at 13:29 +1000, Tom Worthington wrote:

>> Warfare may experience a sea change in a few decades, when the AUKUS
>> submarines are confronted by swarms of drones.
>> [...]
>> However, a wily enemy may choose not to sink the AUKUS submarines,
>> but instead hold them, and their crews, hostage.
>
> Sea change indeed .. I've no idea what countermeasures might arise, but
> maybe even new ways to destroy things underwater. What fun! And GREAT
> for the economy!

Well, to me it appears the only national threat we have is China.
Anytime, China could take & hold much of our northern coastline
Also with it’s large commercial fleet hundreds of kilometres inland.

The only thing we could do then is to use localized nuclear weapons
Yes, use low yield nuclear weapons om
discharge in uninhabited areas of the Australian continent, unless
the original peoples agree to leasing us significant areas of country.”

the thousands of areas