[LINK] Uncrewed submarines as ocean becomes ‘transparent’

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Sat Apr 8 15:07:34 AEST 2023

You make sense Tony and Link .. thanks .. hope you’re right .. but if China just loads up it’s huge commercial shipping fleet with troops and equipment and sends them off .. who would stop them? American won’t sink (what’s effectively troop ships) looking like normal shipping. China has already built many staging ports across the region. And so, only when they land a million men from their beached ships might we actively defend northern Aussie. Waay too late. They’d arrive on-shore in numbers too many to turn around. Once they’re here, we are sunk. Only a nuclear defensive-decision would surely be possible, horrible as that sounds ☹

Even the Lowy Institute (gasp!) now finally admits to the problems. They say, “Across China, an estimated<https://www.scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/1935314/80-cent-groundwater-chinas-major-river-basins-unsafe> 80–90 per cent of groundwater is unfit for drinking, while half of its aquifers are too polluted to tap for industry or farming. For river water, these  figures<https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-12-29/china-s-water-shortage-is-scary-for-india-thailand-vietnam?sref=K9oHjgnZ> are 50 per cent and 25 per cent respectively. Water scarcity is now emerging as an underappreciated challenge<https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/abba52>.”
https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/water-scarcity-challenges-china-s-development-model

It’s a pity if we loose Australia, and end up in re-education camps. China is apparently well-experienced with those. And will have even more experience with all their Taiwan residents?
☹