[LINK] AGI

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Sat Apr 15 21:17:00 AEST 2023

Good thinking Roger, if one may say ..

> We need to make our devices so that they operate differently from us,
> and exhibit *complementary artefact intelligence*.  Combining their
> smarts with our own cleverness then delivers *augmented intelligence*.
>
> But we want more than just thinking.  We want decisions, and we want
> action.  And we want those actions to be helpful, not harmful.
>
> We build artefacts with actuators, which do things in the real world.
> We need to design those actuators to complement our human abilities to
> act in the world.  That way, robots will remain useful devices, not
> become competitors looking for ways to dominate us.
>
> By combining *complementary artefact capabilities* with human
> capabilities, we achieve *augmented capabilities*, under human control.
>
> Clarke R. (2023)  'The Re-Conception of AI: Beyond Artificial, and
> Beyond Intelligence'  IEEE Trans. Techno. & Soc. 4, 1 (March 2023)
> 24-33, PrePrint at https://rogerclarke.com/EC/AITS.html
> (snip)
> The guts of it is here:   https://rogerclarke.com/EC/AITS.html#RAI

Roger a helpful paper thanks. One thought, we already have considerable
*complementary artefact intelligence* in bytes, eg text, graphics & videos.

With “complementary artefact capability (CAC) and augmented capability (AC)
already becoming available in terms of bytes, perhaps we need to differentiate
this concept area into digital bytes and also more advanced non-byte artefacts?

Here are two very recent video AI artefacts ..

Good AI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipuqLy87-3A

Other AI: https://www.reddit.com/r/StableDiffusion/comments/1244h2c/will_smith_eating_spaghetti/