[Nauty-list] accept only graphs with subgraphs isomorphic to predefined subset

Hoy, Robert rshoy at usf.edu
Wed Oct 23 06:03:07 EST 2013

Hi, everybody.  I want to define a set G of about 1600 subgraphs at the m = 11 level such that the PRUNE function of geng rejects all n = 11 subgraphs that are not isomorphic to any of the graphs in the set G.

The (very) slow way to do this is to read the graphs in from a file each time PRUNE is called for n = 11, but obviously I don't want to do that.  Instead I want to read them in only once, i.e. at the beginning of the geng program, e.g. something like

geng.c:

graph myset[1645];

appropriategengfunction {
/* fill myset by reading from file */
}

where "appropriategengfunction" is called when geng starts up, and prune.c can access my set via something

extern graph myset[1645];

(and then prune.c will do the appropriate pruning)

=========

Any tips on how to do this?  I'm not sure what the "appropriate" geng function would be, or even whether it's in geng.c rather than (say) nauty.c.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Hoy