[Nauty-list] accept only graphs with subgraphs isomorphic to predefined subset

Gregory Puleo gpuleo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 06:42:29 EST 2013

It looks like the ideal solution here is to use the GENG_MAIN preprocessor
variable, do the initialization in your own main function, and then call
GENG_MAIN from there. From geng.c:

CALLING FROM A PROGRAM

   It is possible to call geng from another program instead of using it
   as a stand-alone program.  The main requirement is to change the name
   of the main program to be other than "main".  This is done by defining
   the preprocessor variable GENG_MAIN.  You might also like to define
   OUTPROC to be the name of a procedure to receive the graphs. To call
   the program you need to define an argument list argv[] consistent with
   the usual one; don't forget that argv[0] is the command name and not
   the first argument.  The value of argc is the number of strings in
   argv[]; that is, one more than the number of arguments.  See the
   sample program callgeng.c.

-Greg

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Hoy, Robert <rshoy at usf.edu> wrote:

> Hi, everybody.  I want to define a set G of about 1600 subgraphs at the m
> = 11 level such that the PRUNE function of geng rejects all n = 11
> subgraphs that are not isomorphic to any of the graphs in the set G.
>
> The (very) slow way to do this is to read the graphs in from a file each
> time PRUNE is called for n = 11, but obviously I don't want to do that.
>  Instead I want to read them in only once, i.e. at the beginning of the
> geng program, e.g. something like
>
> geng.c:
>
> graph myset[1645];
>
> appropriategengfunction {
> /* fill myset by reading from file */
> }
>
> where "appropriategengfunction" is called when geng starts up, and prune.c
> can access my set via something
>
> extern graph myset[1645];
>
> (and then prune.c will do the appropriate pruning)
>
> =========
>
> Any tips on how to do this?  I'm not sure what the "appropriate" geng
> function would be, or even whether it's in geng.c rather than (say) nauty.c.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> Robert Hoy