[PapuanLanguages] new to the list

nick williams n.jay.williams at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 12:24:26 EST 2009

Hi All,

My name is Nicholas Williams. I'm a new PhD student at the University of
Colorado at Boulder. As a linguist, I'm particularly interested in language
documentation/description, typology, directionals/locationals/associated
motion, and language-culture-cognition. I'm hoping to do fieldwork on a
un(der)described language for my dissertation. I'm looking for a place to
work in the Pacific. I recently spent a year in the Marshall Islands,
teaching and learning Marshallese. I also have some field methods experience
with Malay, and I'm currently studying Indonesian. However, I'm also
interested in non-Austronesian languages of the region, and I'm considering
working with one of the languages on Alor in Indonesia.

I'm joining the list to see what's going on in the Papuan world, and to
hopefully make some connections with other fieldworkers in the region.

cheers!

-Nick