[PapuanLanguages] new to the list

Andrew Pawley andrew.pawley at anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 25 15:58:58 EST 2009

Dear Nick

> I'm joining the list to see what's going on in the Papuan world,  and to hopefully make some connections with other fieldworkers in the region.

-- The Papuan list only bursts into life now and then.  The best way to find out what's going on the Papuan world is probably to check websites of departments, centres and individuals and then to correspond with people.

>I'm  considering working with one of the languages on Alor in Indonesia.

-- There's certainly a need there.  As you may know, Marian Klamer of the U. Leiden has for the past few years been directing a project on Papuan languages of Alor and Pantar, concerned with language documentation and history.

Regards

Andrew Pawley
Dept Linguistics, RSPAS
Australian National University