[TimorLesteStudies] FW: Parliamentary Inquiry into Australia's Relationship with Timor-Leste

Michael Leach mleach at swin.edu.au
Mon Feb 18 13:53:44 EST 2013

The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Senator the Hon Bob Carr, has referred a new inquiry to the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade (JSCFADT) on Australia’s relationship with Timor-Leste. The inquiry will be conducted by the JSCFADT’s Foreign Affairs Sub-committee.

For information, I attach a copy of the terms of reference and a copy of the media release which announced the inquiry and called for submissions.

The closing date for submissions is Thursday, 28 March 2013. The preferred form of submissions is in electronic format which should be emailed to the Committee at jscfadt at aph.gov.au. This will facilitate posting your submission to the Committee’s website after it has been authorised by the Committee. Paper-based submissions, accompanied by an electronic version on disk, should be addressed to:
The Secretary
Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade
Parliament House
CANBERRA  ACT  2600

If you intend to respond to the terms of reference by a public submission, would you please provide me with the name and contact details of the person who will be compiling the response.

If you have any questions about the Committee’s inquiry please feel free to contact me. The Committee’s website, www.aph.gov.au/jfadt  also contains detailed information about the Committee’s work, membership of the Sub-committee, advice on the preparation of submissions, and an outline of the inquiry process.

Yours sincerely

Dr John Carter
Foreign Affairs Sub-committee Secretary