[TimorLesteStudies] Sharing sad news concerning Dr. James Scambary

Kerry Taylor-Leech k.taylor-leech at griffith.edu.au
Wed Sep 16 12:45:12 AEST 2020

Dear friends and colleagues,

I'm truly sad to read the news of James Scambary's passing. I did not know him but I read his work avidly. He wrote beautifully. His analyses of conflict and communal violence in Timor-Leste were ground-breaking and showed deep understanding and empathy.  We have lost a scholar of the highest quality.

Look after yourselves, Kerry