[TimorLesteStudies] ETAN invitation to Timorese students in North America & Brazil

Michael Leach mleach at swin.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 08:45:48 AEDT 2021

[Via ETAN]

From: east-timor-request at lists.riseup.net <east-timor-request at lists.riseup.net> on behalf of pamela sexton <east-timor at lists.riseup.net>

Are you from Timor-Leste and studying in North America or Brazil? Or did you study there and would like to talk with other Timorese students who are there now?

The East Timor and Indonesia Action Network (ETAN)/U.S. - an organization in solidarity with Timor-Leste for the past 30 years - would like to host a virtual gathering for current and former students (and their friends) at schools in North America and Brazil next year.

Inspired by past gatherings of Timorese students organized in Iowa and Wisconsin, we are envisioning a Zoom meeting that will help us to:

  *   Get to know each other and make new friends;

  *   Celebrate Timorese art and culture together;

  *   Discuss (primarily in English) the role of activism and solidarity today.

Are you interested in participating? What should we include in the program? Can you help plan it?

If you're interested or have questions or ideas, please email studentconf at etan.org<mailto:studentconf at etan.org> by the end of October.

When we dream alone, it is only a dream, but when we dream together, it is the beginning of reality.