[LINK] Access All Government ID Card ... great use!

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Thu Aug 3 12:05:59 AEST 2006

I was in the Supreme Court yesterday getting very frustrated at Clerks who
say "I'm not qualified in the law, but the law says ..." when the law
doesn't say.

Anyway without making a long story short and boring everyone, as I was
waiting for the 7th time for the Duty Registrar, it dawned on me that if
the Governments new "Problem solving" Access Card were applied to parties
filinf legal papers electronically, including originating process and fee
waivers, then I'm all for it!

I'd not have to deal with the totally stupid idiot (not all, but most)
clerks in the registry, my Access Card would be all that is needed to
electr4onically verify who I am, that my filing is correct and that the fee
wavier - which mostly refers to Centrelink data anyway - is accurate and
correct - and they can then check with Centrelink anyway - electronically -
using my Access Card ID number!

I'd never have to leave my home, and perhaps even court appearances could
be conducted by Access Card ID number being used over the phone to verify
who you are when you call in?

What a great way to help all those underclass people who have limited
incomes file in legal proceedings!  No more fee waiver forms, not more
arguing with idiots unqualified at law clerks who tell you the law and
change documents approved by Judges and Registrars because they think they
know better.

Ahhh what a Wonderful solution.