[LINK] Fwd: Census Config [Was: Personal comments on the eC

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Aug 3 14:55:08 AEST 2006

On 2006 Aug 03, at 9:32 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:
> At 06:16 PM 8/2/2006, Glen Turner wrote:
>> ... Tom, and others on AARNet.  Drop me a direct mail with useful
>> stuff like your machine's IP address and the time you tried and
>> we'll get to the bottom of this. ...
>
> I was able to access the page using IE Version 6 and Opera 8. I was
> even able to get to it using a mobile phone browser emulator. So it
> seems to be a Firefox configuration problem, not a network one.

I use Firefox and had no problem.  It's always possible to create a
new blank profile in Firefox to test stuff without all your normal
settings.

> With Firefox I get the error message: "The connection to the server
> was reset while the page was loading."  I get the same problem on
> my home office iBurst connection and at the ANU.
>
> Using IE I read the "Technical Help" on the Census web page, which
> instructed me to enable Java,

It's not clear from that page if you actually need java; the page is
really unclear.  It says "To enable JavaScript in Firefox: .... 3.
Tick the box to enable Java".  That is how to enable java, not how to
enable javascript.   You don't need java for the first page nor the
login page but when you log in it appears to go to a java servlet.  I
haven't done that yet.

--
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant