[LINK] making windows secure: sandboxie and other goodies

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Mon Aug 7 13:22:10 AEST 2006

Howard Lowndes wrote:
> There is something fundamentally wrong when a significant opsys
> manufacturer suggests that the best way to deal with malware is to
> regularly wipe it and reinstall.  It's akin to a vehicle manufacturer
> advising that the best way to deal with creaks, groans and dings is to
> put your car through a metal shredder and have it rebuilt.
Don't be so sure, my once new car is coming up for a 10th birthday with
extremely low milege.

Last week when I asked for the mob, from whom I bought it brand new and
  who have serviced it ever since, to check on a  noise, their diagnosis
was "the noise wasn't unusual for  the age of the car!"

Responding to your later comment about seat belts...these are required
by regulators...and I am not sure whether Americans still have the right
to choose not to wear them..in which case the emergency department and
ambulance should have the obligation not to treat them in an accident.

The problem of using the analagy of a car without the framework (RTA,
Insurance, Health Support, Vehicle Manufacturers, Oil Companies, Public
Transport) is like saying you have a single user computer you are not
going to connect to the Internet or a LAN or a printer or a camera or
anything else.

Marghanita da Cruz
Ramin Communications
http://www.ramin.com.au