Mobiles/Internet and War was Re: [LINK] cell phones in iraq

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Aug 10 08:57:00 AEST 2006

<snip>> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:

>> > Apparently the Israelis are SMSing to mobile phones in Southern Lebanon
>> > as well as dropping leaflets.
>>
>> I thought they were taking out targets that looked like comms towers
>> and so on, so I don't know where the SMS would go?!

<snip>
The source of this story was a report on ABC radio..contemplating the
story further, radio communication has been used to further political
interests since its inception both broadcasts and telegraph...before
that there were riders and semaphore.

My guess would be is you take out the other sides transmitters and in
the case of mobile phones, could you offer your own? - this provides two
benefits interception of communication as well as transmission of your
viewpoint.

Marghanita da Cruz
Ramin Communications
http://www.ramin.com.au