[LINK] Identity theft virus infects 10,000 computers

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Aug 13 08:41:02 AEST 2006

At 06:07 AM 13/08/2006, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>I just thought of something in this regard. How would one hold the often
>multiple
>and disconnected creators of a FOSS product to account for their security
>blunders?
>It is easy enough to target and take action against a particular software
>company. Much harder to target individuals across multiple jurisdictions in
>multiple countries.

You just identified one of the arguments that corporate suits have made
whenever open source or even Linux alone has been considered for enterprise
application. Who will we sue if it doesn't work or screws up our business?

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005