[LINK] Two downloads from microsoft

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Sat Aug 19 08:31:25 AEST 2006

> | It would be a lot more useful if the currency converter know about
> | countries outside the EU. I need to know the $A/$US rate much more often
> | than Austrian schillings/Spanish pesetas.

Any conversion using Austrian Schillings or Spanish pesetas are old and
should not be used unless you know exactly what you are doing. Both
Austria and Spain have been using exclusively the Euro for some years
now, and neither of those other currencies is legal tender or legally
convertible except under very special conditions.

> It's probably because they are fixed conversion rates (they are built
> into European calculators all the time).

Mostly so that people in those countries who haven't got their head
around the Euro yet can get a quick idea of what something costs "in
real money" :-)

Regards, K.