[LINK] madness - or un-australian behaviour

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Aug 28 18:42:54 AEST 2006

i realise this topic is an unlink topic really but to draw attention to
it, i am making just one statement on link.

see http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200608/s1725902.htm

I admit my ignorance of this but am appalled that jack thomas (jihad
jack) has been put under curfew from midnight to 5a.m. under a control
order provided for by the terrorism provisions.

It sounds to me like the federal government or its instrumentalities are
flexing their muscles because they are annoyed the courts have quashed
his conviction, so they invoke terrorism provisions which is a blank
cheque to assert their 'authority'.

It sounds very un-australian to me and anti democratic.

Is this the way the terrorists cant lose?  - Change the way we do things
and those things that we value out of FUD, without having to lift a finger?

sigh

cheers
brenda