[LINK] madness - or un-australian behaviour

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Tue Aug 29 11:08:33 AEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 06:12:54PM +0930, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> i realise this topic is an unlink topic really but to draw attention
> to it, i am making just one statement on link.
>
> see http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200608/s1725902.htm
>
> I admit my ignorance of this but am appalled that jack thomas (jihad
> jack) has been put under curfew from midnight to 5a.m. under a control
> order provided for by the terrorism provisions.
>
> It sounds to me like the federal government or its instrumentalities
> are flexing their muscles because they are annoyed the courts have
> quashed his conviction, so they invoke terrorism provisions which is a
> blank cheque to assert their 'authority'.

also because they are determined to have themselves a home-grown
"terrorist" to justify their police-state laws. terrifying the public is
good for that.

> It sounds very un-australian to me and anti democratic.

you think we still live in a democracy? you think we ever really did?

> Is this the way the terrorists cant lose? - Change the way we do
> things and those things that we value out of FUD, without having to
> lift a finger?

contrary to all the bullshit from Howard and his ilk, the terrorists
don't actually give a damn about our lifestyle and values. what they
care about is the occupation of their territories, the oppression of
their people, and the unquestioning, unreasonable support we slavishly
israel in whatever they do to the palestinians and the lebanese.

western policy for decades has been to de-stabilise the middle-east to
ensure control over the oil reserves. we are reaping what we have sown.

well, not "we" as in us as individuals but the politician scumbags who
pretend to democractic ideals while doing whatever they like to please
their corporate masters.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)