[LINK] home factory

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Mon Dec 4 21:02:37 AEDT 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Kim Holburn wrote:

> Another one of things I wasn't sure I'd ever see in my lifetime.  Maybe I
> will.
>
> http://blogs.smh.com.au/science/archives/2006/12/post.html

Reminds me of a SF story I read recently.  Wars will be fought
over these machines.   They will be restricted from producing
banned products, like Polonium 210 or iPods.

The people who use the machines will only license them and won't
be able to use the machine to make copies of them.

People will have rations to use the machines to make things
they want or need - a car would use your year's supply,
a replacement battery for your mofo just a snip off the ticket.

If the machine malfunctions, it leaves behind a crater of sand fused
to glass - it's fusion powered of course!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html