[LINK] unlawful interception of internet traffic?

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Dec 8 13:51:50 AEDT 2006

Craig Sanders wrote:
<snip>
>>I should say, that the ownership of my original ISP had changed
>>several times. It was only that I knew of the connection between the
>>name of my friends ISP and my original ISP that I could diagnose the
>>problem.
>>
>>Maybe in your case the DNS servers did once belong to the a different
>>ISP.
>

> nope.  that is not the case.
>
> the ISP domain being hijacked has never been hosted by anyone else, and
> certainly not by the ISP doing the hijacking.
<snip>
Craig,

You missed my point, it wasn't the domain hosting that changed but the
OWNERSHIP of the ISP and its equipment that changed - twice over 7 years.

OK, I fit into not knowing the exact term, but I do have a technical and
social understanding of the issue. AND it did turn out that they had
fixed some of their DNS servers but not the one their customers were
sending email through. But it took a bit of convincing and help for them
to acknoweledge, identify and fix the problem. The present day tech
admin people would not have been aware of the ownership history and
could not understand how the domain name got there in the first place.

As I said before my friend could see my website but not email me at the
same domain.

Marghanita

PS ICT (not just billing systems) should be a major part of due
dilligence in Mergers and Acquisitions
--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au/