[LINK] Future of Community TV

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Fri Dec 8 19:26:24 AEDT 2006

Gawd we started the first public TV broadcasts in 1988.  20 years later the
same politics and issues constantly arise.  Especially with the licencee
changeover in the last two years.

I note that access for material made by those "outside" the "clicke" is
still as available as always.  Not.

Its no surprise the Government gives it little attention or care.  The
investment wasted by TVS in Sydney to recommence broadcasts was
stupid.  They shoudl have immediately applied for a parallel digital
licence, given the slow uptake of digital by consumers it may well have helped.

But as the NSW Government runs it's own Digital TV Channels, with lots of
useless things on it, one doesn't want a public broadcaster that has no
reigns to pull up on when things start to become very outspoken.

I just wonder if any of the TVS insiders are actually planning on using TVS
as a means of spreading Election propaganda.

<sigh>

Sadly several of the production groups we approach to up their production
qualities seemed to think they can do better themselves.  Most have
actually lowered their production qualities and lost the special thing that
made them interesting, now pushing out technically bad and contently bad
programs that are wasteful of time.

Most of these people are the types that think they will be the Next Rove
Live, afterall Rove came from C31 in Melbourne with a show of the same
format.  Only difference is the size of the studio space and the financial
returns he now makes.