[LINK] Passwords, and CFP'07

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Sat Dec 16 12:48:47 AEDT 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Adam Todd wrote:

> At 08:34 PM 15/12/2006, Roger Clarke wrote:
>> http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0612.html
>>
>> In the midst of an analysis of 'Real-World Passwords' comes:
>>
>>> We used to quip that "password" is the most common password. Now it's
>> "password1." Who said users haven't learned anything about security?
>>
>> Now that's *style*.
>
> Actually sysadmins still prefer to use: god (or a variant of case) god1,
> iamgod, megod, fred, fredisgod

I think that is a furphy.  Anyone worthy of calling themselves
"sysadmin" would not do this.   Home hobbyist, maybe.  Sysadmin, never.

> And the number one favour of sysadmins is .....
>

> I can't tell you :)

What about scott/tiger in the Oracle world?     There's a lot of
oracle db's running with the defaults set!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html