[LINK] Link archives

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 11 18:08:22 AEST 2006

At 05:30 PM 11/07/2006, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>My inclination is that it will not attract a higher ratio of intake of
>women into IT, as many who might consider IT might think that they are not
>attractive enough - let's face it, many women grossly underrate their
>physical appearance.  I think it might tend to attract more males in fact,
>simply because of the "Cooooor..." factor.

I just read the article. I think Phil has a good point. And I agree with
Howard: it wouldn't attract women, but it may attract blokes. Some women
would just see it as another male focussed thing, nothing to do with
attracting women to the field.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

 From and including: Wednesday, June 14, 2006
To, but not including : Saturday, January 17, 2009

It is 948 days until George Bush leaves office.

Or 2 years, 7 months, 3 days excluding the end date
http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005