[LINK] Windows Genuine Advantage

Brendan Scott brendansweb at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 17 19:40:42 AEST 2006

Howard Lowndes wrote:
> I know that; you know that; most on this list know that; but the mindset
> of the user doesn't accept it.  I've been trying for 6 years to get
> these guys over the threshold, but the software just isn't there - Lotus
> Notes in one case (that should change RSN) and VB in another.

IBM released Notes for Linux last week. VB ...
You need to read the Oswald open source newsletter Howard:

IBM Puts Notes on The Linux Desktop
http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3618801

IBM (Quote, Chart) has been a huge Linux backer since 1998. Yet despite its love of the penguin, Big Blue's Lotus Notes product has never fully supported a standalone client for the Linux desktop. That is, until now.