[LINK] Electric vehicles and generation

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jul 23 15:33:22 AEST 2006

At 02:32 PM 23/07/2006, Karl Auer wrote:
>Lightness does not mean danger; rather the reverse. a light vehicle does
>less damage when it hits something - to the surroundings AND to the
>occupants. Light materials are LESS likely to fly apart, as they contain
>less energy to be dissipated.

That is counter intuitive, so it's probably true. But I don't understand
how an aluminum can that can be crushed flat against your forehead but a
tin can can't would be safer than the tin can version?  Maybe the synthetic
acrylic materials, oil based are they?, are more crush resistant. ???  They
would certainly be lighter.

IANAE,
Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005