[LINK] MS Passport

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sat Nov 4 11:43:09 AEDT 2006

At 11:01 AM 4/11/2006, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_ID
>[...]
>own operations. Despite media reports that Microsoft is phasing out the
>technology, Microsoft rolled out a major update to the Passport service in
>May 2005. During 2006, Microsoft will roll out an even larger upgrade to
>the Passport services called "Windows Live ID",

Which is like a proprietary giving of your soul to Microsoft.  It's terrible.

But you can still get around the registration process and register your MSN
address and avoid Microsoft Live - for now.

I suggest if you don't have one or two MSN addresses registered now, you
had better do it really fast before MS make it mandatory to show photo ID
to register :)

>which developers say is not just a name change, but an entire overhaul.

It's terrible!  I discovered it by accident!  live.com for anyone interested.

Mind you my firefox stopped working after visiting it.