[LINK] O/T health information

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Nov 7 01:59:05 AEDT 2006

At 02:18 PM 5/11/2006, Geoffrey Ramadan wrote:

>"100 years is a long time to go hungry."
>
>Reg   Geoffrey Ramadan

Haha .. yes, and an energy boost can help a very busy day.

But still overall, 'calorie restriction' makes sense .. how many
calories in your average veggie? And I guess when your local
7-11 thingy is a shrine to sugar, salt, fat, nicotine and dead tree
it's nice to at least hope for a low calorie, low GI boost along with
the car hydrocarbons.  Ah well .. live in hope ..

>>One for the Ages:
>>MICHAEL MASON http://www.nytimes.com October 31, 2006 (snip)
>>
>>.. As a result of a simple lifestyle intervention (people) seem poised to live very long, very vital lives.
>>The approach, called calorie restriction, involves eating about 30 percent fewer calories than normal, while still getting adequate amounts of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.

Cheers, Reg ..
Stephen Loosley
Victoria, Australia