[LINK] America's Internet Disconnect

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Fri Nov 10 14:17:33 AEDT 2006

Richard opined:
> Here comes a surprise:
>
> I strongly disagree.

I don't buy the "it's good for business" argument, I just want the kind of connectivity that my friends in the US have. I don't expect to get it at their prices; they have economies of scale that we never will, they're on the same landmass as most of the servers that we get most of our stuff from, and peering arrangements will always disadvantage us. I don't mind paying what I pay now, but it burns me to know that they're getting the same sort of performance from their dialup modems that I get over my fttn connection. Maybe I'm just being greedy, but so be it.

Fred