[LINK] New report on proposed copyright bill

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Nov 14 13:48:54 AEDT 2006

At 12:34 PM 14/11/2006, you wrote:

>>"If it is not the Government's intention to allow these ridiculous
>>outcomes to remain even theoretical possibilities in Australia,
>>then the bill must be withdrawn and redrafted until the unintended
>>consequences are properly understood and addressed," he said.

For once I agree with Coroneus. But the suggestion he gives won't
happen. This government's style is pass the legislation, then suck it
and see. For the areas that they get too much heat about, they'll go
back and fix, maybe, calling it 'tweaking'. This has happened too
many times recently to think that Uncle Phil will manage to do
anything with care and quality. This bunch has no need to even think
that way. They do NOT listen to anyone but their ideologue advisors,
similar to Dubya. It's going to bite them one of these days, and that
time couldn't come soon enough.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005