[LINK] New report on proposed copyright bill

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Tue Nov 14 17:36:55 AEDT 2006

At 12:34 +1100 14/11/06, Kim Holburn wrote:
>http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/soon-recordings-will-be-a-crime/2006/11/13/1163266483975.html?from=rss
>>  In fact, if the changes are passed by the Senate next month,
>>police will be able to issue reduced fines on the spot. ...

On the spot fines of $1320??

What part of Ruddock and his flea-brain advisors doesn't understand
that the average rock-fan doesn't have $1320 in crisp ones in their
wallet??

Ah, but I'm assuming that 'on the spot' means 'pay less right now or
pay more later'.

Maybe it actually refers to some form of summary justice, such that
the policeman's decision is prettymuch final ...

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong