[LINK] Why Electronic Voting?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Nov 17 22:43:58 AEDT 2006

At 03:52 PM 17/11/2006, Chris Maltby wrote:
>The most promising way to reduce institutional bias in decision
>making is the use of citizens juries. And electronic voting is of
>zero importance there.

I disagree about the zero. It depends on what you mean by voting.
Polls are 'votes' aren't they? I don't mean the stupid ACA/TT ones,
but the ones that are doing by proper marketing companies (kack). At
least there are statistical probabilities involved in the results.

Parliaments vote as our proxies, or should do. Come to think of it,
there has been electronic voting in the US Congress for many years.
It tallies on the board automatically. They don't change seats and
get counted like here. Too many people - nearly 500 in the House of Reps!

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005