[LINK] RFC: Web 2.0

Linda Rouse linda at databasics.com.au
Thu Nov 23 11:32:24 AEDT 2006

Roger and Linkers,
At 1:46 PM +1100 22/11/06, Roger Clarke wrote:
>At 13:09 +1100 22/11/06, Pilcher, Fred wrote:
>>I see nothing to change my opinion that it's best described by the
>>following formula:  W2 = bs
>
>Well, I *tried* to find something behind the hype, viz.:
>-   Content Syndication
>-   Advertising Syndication
>-   Storage Syndication
>-   an 'Architecture of Participation'

My understanding is that Web 2 is all about software, such as AJAX,
that will enable applications to be presented natively on the net
rather than being constrained to an HTML interface.

My technical knowledge is limited but if you Google AJAx you will get
the idea...
refer
http://news.com.com/AJAX+gives+software+a+fresh+look/2100-1007_3-5886709.html
and for another view
http://web2.wsj2.com/why_ajax_is_so_disruptive.htm

The Cumulus software we distribute has just been released with a new
AJAX interface that displays the application over the web - for a
poor HTML page but which has links to the 2 different interfaces if
you click on the images, see
http://partner-epoint.canto.com/index.jsp

regards
Linda